One of my Flickr contacts has just pointed out that another of my images had been chosen for the Guardian’s “Picture mapping the British summer” gallery. (If you’ve been following this blog for a while you may remember that I had one picked back in June.) This one is from a week I spent with my family on the beautiful Gower peninsula at the end of July. The weather wasn’t perfect but we had sunshine most days and I had plenty of opportunity to do some landscape photography for a change. I’ve been meaning to post some of these here but I’ve been too busy! Anyway, enjoy this one and hopefully I’ll get round to posting some more in a few weeks time – something to cheer you up in the cold winter months :-) If you click on the photo it will take you to the Guardian gallery – there are some great classic British summertime images on there.
Me and my photography
Once upon a time there was a little girl who loved to draw and play music. She spent hours on the garden swing dreaming of a life filled with sunny days, laughter and cute, furry animals. She discovered photography and the magic of watching pictures appear in the dark room. But life moved on, she drifted into the big bad world of office jobs, and the time for creating art and music disappeared. Then one day she found her handsome prince and they had two beautiful children who inspired her to make pictures again. She began sharing her work and soon friends and even strangers asked her to create beautiful images for them too. I’m sure you’ve guessed that that little girl was me. My life has lots more sunny days, laughter and cute, furry animals than it used to have – but there is still room for more.
For those of you who need to be convinced by something more than a passion for creating images, I do hold two photography qualifications: I gained my LRPS (Licentiate of the Royal Photographic Society) in 2007 and my LSWPP (Licentiate of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers) in 2009.
PS: If you're wondering what happened about my music, I'm still working on that one ...
10 things you probably didn’t know about me that have nothing to do with photography
1. My favourite childhood toy was Lego. If I'm honest, I still like building things with it when my kids let me!
2. I got through to the quarter finals of Countdown a long, long time ago
3. Ever since Countdown, no one will play me at Scrabble :-(
4. I would like to keep chickens - but we haven't got room. One day ...
5. My favourite biscuits are Oreos.
6. I love the quality of light early on a summer's morning - pity I'm useless at getting up early.
7. I reckon I will be at least 80 before I catch up with reading all the unread books I've bought.
8. I can pick out a tune on the piano but I can't play it properly.
9. I have a silver medal for Rock'n'Roll dancing - that was a long time ago too!
10. I've run the London Marathon (well, I walked bits of it but I ran most of the way). I'm not revealing my finishing time, but let's just say Paula Radcliffe has nothing to worry about!!
- As seen in … press and publicity
- baby photography
- boudoir photography
- bump photography
- business headshots
- child photography
- Christmas advent calendar
- commercial photography
- couples photography
- documentary photography
- engagement photography
- Everything else
- family photography
- fine art photography
- flower photography
- food photography
- fusion photography
- garden photography
- landscape photography
- music photography
- pet photography
- photography training
- portrait photography
- still life photography
- summer photoshoots
- toddler photography
- wedding photography
Tag cloud2009 advent art as seen in autumn baby photography bokeh cake by lisa price calendar charity Christmas Christmas advent calendar commercial photography competition compton verney coventry documentary photography documentary wedding photography exhibition families warwickshire family photography fine art fine art photography hatton park iPhone landscape landscape photography leamington spa lifestyle photography magazine photography portrait portraits snow Southam stratford-upon-avon summer warwick warwickshire warwickshire artists warwickshire wedding photographer wedding wedding photography west midlands winter
Latest from Linda on Twitter:
- Day 7 on the advent calendar already! http://t.co/YPXs7pMsws about an hour ago
- Yes that really is me holding a golf club on the PGA website! http://t.co/7bccIyaSPY (with @julianmellorpro) about 14 hours ago
- Crazily busy day today but still time for a quick #ff for @SBoswellLive - great singer/guitarist for your wedding or party about 15 hours ago
- Great to catch up with @VoiceExpert @ngeorgeltd @thehrshop @AnitaPickerden, Pam, Claire & Caroline at @solihullswans. See u again in Jan. about 15 hours ago
- Starting my day with a lovely fresh croissant from @lovebreadandco. Thanks to @TheOpenDoorCafe for inviting them to Hampton Magna :-) 1 day ago
Follow me on Twitter