Latest news from a professional photographer based in Warwick in the middle of England
Me and my photography
Once upon a time there was a little girl who loved to draw and play music. She spent hours on the garden swing dreaming of a life filled with sunny days, laughter and cute, furry animals. She discovered photography and the magic of watching pictures appear in the dark room. But life moved on, she drifted into the big bad world of office jobs, and the time for creating art and music disappeared. Then one day she found her handsome prince and they had two beautiful children who inspired her to make pictures again. She began sharing her work and soon friends and even strangers asked her to create beautiful images for them too. I’m sure you’ve guessed that that little girl was me. My life has lots more sunny days, laughter and cute, furry animals than it used to have – but there is still room for more.
For those of you who need to be convinced by something more than a passion for creating images, I do hold two photography qualifications: I gained my LRPS (Licentiate of the Royal Photographic Society) in 2007 and my LSWPP (Licentiate of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers) in 2009.
PS: If you're wondering what happened about my music, I'm still working on that one ...
10 things you probably didn’t know about me that have nothing to do with photography
1. My favourite childhood toy was Lego. If I'm honest, I still like building things with it when my kids let me!
2. I got through to the quarter finals of Countdown a long, long time ago
3. Ever since Countdown, no one will play me at Scrabble :-(
4. I would like to keep chickens - but we haven't got room. One day ...
5. My favourite biscuits are Oreos.
6. I love the quality of light early on a summer's morning - pity I'm useless at getting up early.
7. I reckon I will be at least 80 before I catch up with reading all the unread books I've bought.
8. I can pick out a tune on the piano but I can't play it properly.
9. I have a silver medal for Rock'n'Roll dancing - that was a long time ago too!
10. I've run the London Marathon (well, I walked bits of it but I ran most of the way). I'm not revealing my finishing time, but let's just say Paula Radcliffe has nothing to worry about!!