Hope you all had a fabulous festive season. If your other half decided it was a great time to pop the question or perhaps you were the one asking “will you marry me?”, then congratulations on your engagement!
Now all the fun starts planning your wedding. What style of wedding do you want – intimate and quirky, or a big, grand wedding to declare your love to the world or perhaps something in between? You’re probably already looking through wedding magazines and blogs checking out ideas on wedding dress styles, themes, venues, cakes, cars – it’s a long list of decisions to make. And of course you need to choose a wedding photographer too so you’ll have a beautiful record of your special day.
If you’re looking to try out a photographer or perhaps you’re after some images for your “Save the Date” cards or a bespoke wedding guest book, an engagement shoot is ideal. And you’re in luck as my first competition of 2013 is perfect for you:
WIN A COMPLIMENTARY ENGAGEMENT SHOOT & SIGNING BOARD
- The competition is open to all couples who are getting married in the UK in 2013 or 2014.
- All you have to do is email email@example.com, with a pic of yourselves and tell me about your engagement story: Who proposed to who? Was it a complete surprise? Did everything go to plan? And so on.
- My favourite story will win the prize.
- I’ll be picking the winner on Thursday 10th January, so you need to get your entry in by 11.59pm on Wednesday 9th January 2013.
- To say thank you for entering, those who don’t win will still get a £25 voucher to put towards the cost of their wedding photography with me, or towards an engagement shoot. (And if you decide to book me to photograph your wedding after your engagement shoot, I’ll deduct the cost of the shoot from the cost of your wedding photography.)
So get writing and email me now. You don’t need to worry about having the perfect writing style – I won’t be marking you down for grammar or spelling, it’s your story that matters.
THE SMALL PRINT
- You need to be engaged to be married or having a civil partnership ceremony during 2013 or 2014.
- Only one entry per couple please
- Entries must be in by 9th January 2013 at 11.59pm
- Emails do go astray sometimes so I can’t be held responsible if your entry doesn’t make it into my Inbox. I will acknowledge entries by replying to your email so if you haven’t have a reply within 24 hours, please contact me.
- If you’re the winner, you need to have your engagement shoot by 31 March 2013.
- The engagement shoot can take place at a venue of your choice within a 30 mile radius of Warwick, Warwickshire, England – the only caveat is that we’re allowed to photograph there.
- I’ll write about your shoot on this blog and Facebook and possibly submit it to one of the big UK wedding blogs, so you need to be happy for me to share your pictures and story this way.
- If you don’t win, you’ll get a £25 voucher to put towards the price of a Linda Scannell Photography engagement shoot or your wedding photography with Linda Scannell Photography. The voucher will be valid for bookings made up until 30 April 2013 – the engagement shoot or wedding can take place after then, you just need to have confirmed your booking date by 30 April 2013.
- The prizes aren’t exchangeable for cash.
Follow me on