Would you like your child to learn how to take better photos? Perhaps you’d like some photography tips yourself. If so, you might like to know that in the autumn I’ll be running a new half day course aimed at children aged between 8 and 13 years and their parents, giving you tips and hints on how to get the most from your cameras. To celebrate, I’m running a children’s photography competition in conjunction with Families Warwickshire magazine. There will be two winners – one by public vote, and one judged by the panel of judges.
Both winners will get a free place, worth £39, for themselves and their parent on my new course plus they’ll get their winning images featured in a future issue of Families Warwickshire magazine.
Your challenge is to create a photograph of something familiar from an unusual angle to create an interesting image.
How to enter
Entries are open to any child aged 13 or under on 31st August 2013. Entries must be emailed by the child’s parent or guardian who must be over 18 years of age. Email the photograph in JPEG format (maximum size 2000 pixels on the longest edge) to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your child’s name and age. Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 31st August 2013.
If you want some tips, hints and photo project ideas over the school holidays, sign up for my twice weekly special “Photography for Parents” summer newsletter.
- You need to specify your child’s name and age in the body of the email, and set the subject to “Families Warwickshire Children’s Photography Competition”.
- By entering, you certify that the photograph was taken by your child who is aged 13 years or under on 31st August 2013. You also certify that any image editing has been done by your child. If we establish that the photograph wasn’t taken by your child or has been edited by someone else, your entry will be disqualified.
- By entering, you agree to Linda Scannell Photography and Families Warwickshire using the photograph on Facebook, in the Families Warwickshire magazine and on their websites, including their blogs, without any payment. Your child will remain the copyright holder for the photograph and will be credited wherever it is used.
- Only one entry per child.
- If the entry image features a person, you must supply a signed model release permitting that image to be used for the competition. If the entry images features a person under the age of 18 years, that model release must be signed by his or her parent or guardian.
- Editing of the photograph in image editing software is allowed but the editing must have been carried out by your child.
- Entry images must be appropriate for viewing by children. Inappropriate images will be discarded. The judges’ decision on whether an image is appropriate for children is final.
- We can’t be responsible for emails going astray. Your entry will be acknowledged by email within 48 hours so if you haven’t received a reply by then, please email again.
- Entries must be received between 1st July 2013 and 11.59pm on 31st August 2013. Entries received outside this date range will not be considered.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- The course places offered as prizes must be taken up before 31st December 2013.
- The winners’ names will be announced on this blog by 15th September 2013.
- Entries will be judged by Linda Scannell and Gabrielle Starkey, editor of Families Warwickshire magazine. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into on the decision.
- There will also be a public vote for the second winner.
Follow me on