By popular request, I’m running a “Getting started with your digital camera” course, aimed at anyone who’s got a new camera and wants to know how to get great photos from it, or who’s had a camera for a while and isn’t happy with the results they’re getting. If that sounds like you, read on for more details:
- What will the course cover? The basics of operating your camera, tips and hints on getting better photos from it, and guidelines on how to look after your photos once you’ve taken them.
- When is it? Saturday 19th January 2013 from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Where is it? The Open Door Cafe, Slade Hill, Hampton Magna, Warwick CV35 8SA. Easy to get to and plenty of free parking nearby.
- What’s included? A handout of the key points we’ve covered so you’ll have something to jog your memory when you leave, plus the Open Door’s lovely tea/coffee and cake half way through the session. All attendees will also get a £25 voucher which you can put towards a one-to-one training session or a photoshoot with me.
- What should I bring with me? Bring your camera (it doesn’t matter how fancy your camera is, the tips and hints we’ll be covering should help you whether you’ve got a compact camera or a big fancy SLR), plus something to write with in case you want to make any additional notes.
- How much does it cost? £25 payable in advance to secure your place. I accept cheque, bank transfer or PayPal.
- How do I book a place? Email me or call me. To make sure everyone gets enough individual attention, there will be a maximum of 7 people on the course so if you want to come along, book ASAP.
Frequently asked questions
- I’m a complete beginner. Will this course be suitable for me? Yes, I’ve aimed it at those who’re not familiar or confident with their cameras. We’ll be keeping the technical bits to the minimum, and the emphasis will be on how to get a good picture using Auto settings where possible, so even if you’ve only got a simple digital camera you should still benefit from the course.
- Are you an experienced trainer? Yes, I’ve been writing and running courses on various topics throughout most of my adult life. I’m also qualified to run courses for adults. I’m a full-time professional photographer and I’ve been taking pictures since I was a child so I know my subject too.
- Will you be running other courses? If you can’t make Sat 19th, but you’re still interested in this course, then let me know and, if there’s enough demand, I’ll run another session in the spring. If you’re looking for something more advanced, let me know what you’re looking to learn and I can either run a 1-2-1 session for you or, if there are enough people interested in similar topics, I may put together another shared course.