I’m a mum so I know how fast children change. They grow up so quickly that sometimes it’s difficult to remember all those little details that make them unique – the adorable faces they used to pull, the toys they used to play with, the t-shirt they refused to take off or the slide that they never tired of hurtling down. Having beautiful photographs and films to look back on will help preserve those memories for you, your children and even your children’s children.
Watch my “Behind the scenes” film to get a taste of the fun, relaxed atmosphere I like to create on my photo shoots. Have a look at my galleries to see the kinds of pictures I could create for you, then check out “The experience” to find out more about how I work with you and your family to create natural photographs of children of all ages.
For ideas on how to display your photos, read about the Products I offer and find out why it’s still important to print your precious photos.
If you feel I’m the photographer for you, contact me.
No strange studio, no rush, no formulaic pictures. Instead,
- I take time to understand your family and what you want to achieve with your photo shoot.
- I’ll give you tips and hints beforehand so you get the most from your session.
- If you’d like a makeup artist, I can arrange one for you for a small additional fee.
- We do the photo shoot at your own home or somewhere else important to you so your photos will tell more of a story about your family than an impersonal studio environment could
- I allow up to 3 hours so there’s plenty of time for breaks, snacks, changes of clothes or going to another location nearby if you wish. Shy children have time to get used to me being around and busy children have time to chill.
- Because you’ll all be doing the things you love to do in places you’re familiar with, you and your children will be more relaxed.
- We can incorporate favourite toys, hobbies, etc – whatever’s age appropriate – so your photos will be a reminder of all the things your family do.
- No two shoots are the same – I use my fine art photography skills to create something unique to you and your family.
To give you more of an idea of what we do, check out my “Behind the scenes” film from a recent teen photo shoot in Warwickshire.
I’ll give you your own password-protected online gallery usually a couple of weeks after our photo shoot. Your gallery will be available for 10 days to give you plenty of time to choose your favourites for wall art, prints, albums and digitals. You can find out more about the lovely items I create for you on the Products page.
Behind the scenes of a lifestyle portrait shoot
Still not sure what a lifestyle shoot involves? To give you an idea, here’s what we got up to on a typical teen portrait shoot, filmed on location in Warwick and Leamington Spa. Family portrait shoots are very similar – check out the experience page for more details
Family film shoot
- A lifestyle photo shoot but with film clips as well as still photos
- up to 3 hours in up to 2 locations
- your digital film set to music, typically at least 2 minutes long
- a licence for you to share your film on the Internet for personal use
- available weekdays and weekends
Family lifestyle photo shoot
- Aimed at families of all ages, this photo shoot includes
- a photo shoot lasting up to 3 hours in up to 2 locations
- includes a mounted 10×8 inch print and a high resolution digital JPEG file of your favourite photo from the session
- available weekdays and weekends
Mini photo shoot
- Aimed at families who’ve already been photographed by me, but would like to update their photos
- up to 1 hour in your home and/or garden or at an outdoor location
- a mounted 10×8 inch print and a a high resolution digital file of your favourite photo from the session
- available weekdays and occasional Saturdays
What areas do you cover?
I’m based in Warwick in the heart of England so I mostly work in Warwickshire, the West Midlands and the Cotswolds, but I’m happy to travel further afield in the UK too.
How many photos do we get to see?
It varies from shoot to shoot, but for a typical 3 hour lifestyle photo shoot, I’d expect to show you at least 50 images to choose from and around 20 from a mini photo shoot.
Can our pets join in too?
Yes – I do pet portrait photography in a similar way so I’m more than happy for your animals to join in the fun. We can get great shots of your animals on their own and interacting with individual family members or the whole family.
What should we wear?
Wear whatever you enjoy wearing and feel comfortable and confident in.
- Plain colours tend to look better than patterns, but if you’re someone who always wears patterns don’t worry too much – you need to feel like you.
- Have a few different outfits available for each person so we can choose the ones that will work best for each location.
- On lifestyle and film shoots, we’ll have time to do a couple of changes of clothes but even having a different coat or a selection of hats or scarves if it’s cold will give you a variety of looks to choose from.
- Footwear wise, if you want to do some action shots make sure you’ve got some shoes or trainers that you’re happy to run in.
- Colourful wellies always look good.
What about the weather?
I don’t need bright sunshine to get great pictures – overcast weather works just as well. I’ve even done successful shoots in the drizzle and between showers. But if the weather’s really bad, we’ll agree a new appointment time.
How do I book?
Give me a call or drop me an email. We’ll discuss any questions you might have and agree a date and time for your photoshoot. Pay your session fee and I’ll email you a booking form to confirm the details. Your session date is not confirmed until you’ve paid your session fee and returned your signed booking form.
What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay via bank transfer, credit/debit card or PayPal. As all your products will be custom designed especially for you, I do need to have your payment before I can go ahead with creating and ordering them.
Is there a minimum order value?
No, it’s entirely up to you what you buy. But to give you an idea on budget, most of my clients spend between £500 and £2,000.
Do you do gift vouchers?
Yes, you can buy gift vouchers for each type of shoot, or if you’d like to give a specific amount, get in touch and I’ll create a custom gift voucher just for you. Printed vouchers come in a gift box so you’ve got a lovely looking present to hand over but if you’re short of time, I also do electronic vouchers that you can email to your recipient. Both types are available to buy online here.