Linda’s fine art photography
Fine art photography was my first love. I’m inspired by the landscapes of Great Britain, and particularly my home county of Warwickshire, where I’ve lived for nearly all my life. I exhibit my work regularly both with solo exhibitions and as part of the local artists groups. I also take commissions.
If you like what you see, contact me to find out how you could own one of my prints.
Current and future exhibitions
- Warwickshire Open Studios – Wren Hall, Wroxall near Warwick – 1 to 3 July 2021
- Broadway Open Arts Exhibition 2020 – Online exhibition as part of Broadway Arts Festival , Linda’s piece “Shore” was selected as one of 200 winning artworks out of over 700 entries. Runs from 29 May to 31 December 2020.
- Living Colour – joint exhibition organised by Art at the Gallery, Smalley Place, Kenilworth – 4 September to 6 October 2018
- UK Artists Annual Exhibition 2017, Althorpe Studios, Leamington Spa – 22 September to 8 October 2017
- Art in the Park 2017, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa – UK Artists exhibition, 5th & 6th August 2017
- Art in the Park 2016, Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa – UK Artists exhibition, 6th & 7th August 2016
- Winter Wonder at Gallery 150, Livery Street, Leamington Spa. Joint exhibition run by Leamington Studio Artists, 9th December 2014 to 17th January 2015
- Pastelaria Portuguesa, Warwick – solo exhibition, September to November 2014
- Renewal 5 at Gallery 150, Livery Street, Leamington Spa – exhibition of local artists featuring some of my work, 11 February to 9 March 2014
- Warwickshire Artists Annual Exhibition, Althorpe Studios, Leamington Spa – October 2013
- Warwickshire Open Studios – joint exhibition with other Warwickshire Artist members, Arnold Lodge, Leamington Spa – 29th July to 14th July 2013
- The Loft Theatre, Leamington Spa – solo exhibition, May 2013
- Rugby Museum & Art Gallery – joint exhibition with other Warwickshire Artists – July 2012
- Pastelaria Portuguesa, Warwick – solo exhibition, October/November 2010
Linda Scannell – artist’s statement
Linda is a fine art photographer based in Warwick, UK. Her personal work is inspired by nature and the landscapes of Warwickshire and the surrounding counties.
Working with digital cameras, including her iPhone, she captures the shapes, silhouettes and reflections that attract her attention while out walking. “I am not a traditional landscape photographer. I prefer to focus on one particular element of the scene and digitally manipulate the image to emphasise either the shapes or colours that attracted me to it. My finished images typically have a limited palette and a dreamlike quality.”
Born in Leamington Spa, Linda has been taking photographs for over 30 years. “I was initially attracted to photography at primary school when I saw the seemingly magical process of images appearing on paper in the darkroom. I wanted to pursue photography as a career but my parents encouraged me to get a ‘proper job’ so it remained a hobby for many years.” She got her first digital camera in 2000 and she’s been working exclusively in digital format since 2005. “I love the way digital photography has given me the opportunity to explore my creativity in ways that were impossible with film.”
Linda achieved her Licentiateship of the Royal Photographic Society in 2007, and ran her own photography business for 10 years. She now concentrates on fine art photography and training other photographers.