Linda Scannell Ltd
Registered address: Greville House, 10 Jury Street, Warwick, CV34 4EW United Kingdom
Company number 09428648
Website terms and conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Linda Scannell Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Linda Scannell Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
as at 1 June 2019
We respect your personal information and we’ll only ask you for information that we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want our own personal information looked after:
- We will keep it secure.
- We’ll only share it with others where we need their help to deliver our services to you. For example, if our professional printing laboratory needs your name and address to post your purchases directly to you.
- We won’t sell it on elsewhere.
Here are more details.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and if you would like to get in touch about anything in this policy or about your personal data then please contact Linda Scannell, at email@example.com or by post to Linda Scannell Ltd at our registered address: 10 Jury Street, Warwick CV34 4EW.
2. The data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. We may ask you to provide us the following data
- Title, first and last name
- Address including postcode
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Job title
- Preferences and interests that relate to which of our services you might be interested in using. For example, if you want to hear about our photography training courses for business people.
We also create and manage images, audio and videos as per our contractual agreement(s).
We use the above data for the following purposes
- To deliver our services to you
- For marketing purposes
- To personalise your experience
- To provide you with access to your online products and ordering system, etc.
We collect this data on the following lawful basis
- To arrange or fulfil a Contract
- To meet a legal obligation other than a Contract
When you visit our website we also collect cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information – for example, what you might have put in a shopping cart for example. This helps us to
- Personalise your experience
- Deliver our services to you
- Market appropriate services to you
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
4. Which third parties do we share personal data with?
We may share personal data with the following third parties:
- Our analytics provider
- Our email provider
- Our studio management software provider
- Our contract management software provider
- Our newsletter service provider
- Our online gallery and video hosting providers
- Our accountant
- Our administration assistants
- Our payment service providers
- Our social media, online learning and website hosting providers
- Our printing labs
- Our backup providers
We only permit these third parties to process your personal data to allow them to deliver the services they provide to us. We don’t allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary – for example, if a third party we utilise has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent. For example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
5. Why do we share your personal data with the above?
We share your data for the following reasons
- To deliver our services to you
- For marketing purposes
- To personalise your experience
- To provide you with access to your online products and ordering systems.
6. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by following our internal policies of best practice and training for staff.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
7. How long do we hold your personal data?
We will only hold personal data for as long as is necessary. The duration will depend on your relationship with us and whether it is ongoing. We may keep your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for tax and legal purposes. We hold your photographs for 1 year. After this time we may choose to archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms if we believe requests for replacement images are likely.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- The right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to block or suppress the processing of your personal data
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- The right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data by emailing or writing to us. We aim to respond within 28 days. If your request is complex, it may take us longer to respond but we will keep you informed of progress. We may need to ask you for additional information to confirm that you are who you say you are.
We don’t usually charge you a fee for requesting access to your data. However, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) does permit us to charge you a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee based on our administrative costs if you request further copies of your data following a request. If we decide to charge a fee we will contact you to inform you. We won’t provide your data until we have received the fee.